“You” shall mean you, the user of the Site. “We/Us” means DENTAL COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED“Users” means the users of the Site collectively and/or individually as the context allows. We process personal data only in strict compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and associated legislation.
How we may use your statement
By entering Your User Information, you accept that we may retain Your User Information and that it may be held by Us or any third-party company which processes it on Our behalf.
We shall be entitled to use Your User Information for the following purposes:
1. market research, including statistical analysis of user behaviour which we may disclose to third parties in depersonalised, aggregated form.
2. to enable Us to comply with any requirements imposed on us by law.
3. to send You periodic communications (this may include e-mail), about features, products and services, events and special offers. Such communications from Us may include advertising for third party companies or organisations.
You may notify Us of any updates, amendments and corrections to previously collected User Information by using the Feedback Form link in the Contact Us section of the site.
For your convenience you can withdraw consent by replying to the “unsubscribe” link in e-mails from us. Please also note that we do not disclose your personal information to third parties to enable them to send you direct marketing without your permission to do so.
Terms & Conditions
1. This Site is owned and operated by DENTAL COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED. The Site may be supported by sponsoring organisations and advertisers (“the Sponsors”) whose names appear on the Site and whose own sites can be accessed by Internet links from the Site.
2. Some areas on the Site may only be available to registered users or paid subscribers who have gone through the registration process.
2. Conditions of Use and Intellectual Property
1. All rights in the material on the Site and news by e-mail (together “the Content”) belong to DENTAL COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED (‘DCL’) or its third party licensors and are protected by copyright, trademarks, service marks and/or other proprietary rights and laws of the UK and other countries. All individual articles, columns, emails and other elements on the Site are also copyright works and you agree to abide by all applicable copyright and other laws, as well as any additional copyright notices or restrictions contained on the Site or in these Terms. The business may license third parties to use the Content in its sole discretion.
2. You agree to use the Site and the Content solely for your own use and benefit and not for resale or other transfer or disposition to any other person or entity. You further agree not to use, transfer, distribute or dispose of any Content in any manner that might compete with the business of DCL.
3. You accept that the Site is not configured for and is not to be used for transactions or the provision of advice.
4. Subject to the above, you may retrieve and display Content from the Site on a computer screen, print individual pages on paper (but not photocopy them) and store such pages in electronic form on disc (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network) but you may not reproduce, modify or exploit any of the Content for commercial purposes.
5. If it is brought to our attention that you have indeed sold, published, distributed, retransmitted or otherwise provided access to article(s) from the Content to anyone without the prior written permission from DCL, we will invoice you for a copyright abuse penalty fee of £2,500 per article, which will be payable immediately upon receipt of the invoice. Any request for permission to reuse, repurpose, republish or reprint can be sent to the publisher at email@example.com.
6. Dental Practice is a trade mark and may not be used without the business’s express written permission
7. You are responsible for procuring the necessary equipment and the payment of telephone and other charges necessary to access the Site.
1. In order to access the Site, you may need to follow a registration process and select a User ID and password. You will provide DCL with certain necessary details, all of which must be both accurate, complete and up to date. It is your responsibility to update DCL immediately with any changes to the information provided.
2. Your registration is personal to you and you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and User ID. You shall be responsible for all use of the Site made by anyone using that password and User ID. Any unauthorised use of the Site and/or of your password and User ID should be notified to the business immediately.
4. Data Protection
5. Interactive Services
1. The Site may contain bulletin boards, discussion groups and other public areas that allow interactivity between users and feedback to be provided to DCL (together “Interactive Areas”). DCL does not control and is not responsible for the information and/or materials posted to Interactive Areas (“Posted Material”) but reserves the right without reference to any third party to delete, move or edit any Posted Material or part thereof. It is a condition of your access to the Site and to the Interactive Areas in particular that you waive all rights (legal, moral or otherwise) in any Posted Material.
2. You are responsible for the content of your Posted Material and must comply with any additional rules which may, from time to time, be issued at particular locations within the Interactive Areas.In particular, you may not within the Interactive Areas:
1. post, publish or link to any specific matter which is or could be taken to be the provision of advice;
2. post, publish or link to any information obtained in breach of confidence or which is otherwise contrary to applicable law or regulation;
4. post, publish or link to any information or messages which are obscene, defamatory, threatening, degrading or which infringe copyright or any other rights of any third party or which are otherwise unlawful;
5. post, publish or link to any advertising or promotional material or any chain e-mails, “spam” or mail bombs;
6. impersonate any person, company, group or entity or misrepresent a relationship to or with any of the same;
7. post or publish any information or messages containing a virus or other harmful component;
8. disguise the origin of any message;
9. collect or store other users’ personal data; or
10. prevent or restrict the use of the Site and the Interactive Areas by other users.
3. By accessing the Interactive Areas, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless on demand DCL from all claims, costs and expenses (including legal and other professional fees) which DCL might suffer arising out of any of your Posted Material.
4. You acknowledge that DCL does not have control over the users posting messages to the Interactive Areas. As a result, DCL cannot guarantee the veracity or accuracy of Posted Material. All use of the Interactive Areas is at your risk. You should not rely on Posted Material in any way.
5. Representatives of DCL may also submit Posted Material to the Interactive Areas. In doing so, such representatives shall act in a personal capacity and any views they might express shall not be considered as the views of DCL nor as the views of a professional advisor.
6. You hereby agree to grant DCL a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, modify, license all or part of your Posted Material, including to license third parties to use the same.
1. You may create a link from your web site to the home page of the Site if you do not link to the Site from any site containing obscene, defamatory, threatening or degrading material or material which infringes the intellectual property or other rights of any third party or which is otherwise unlawful.
2. Upon linking to the Site pursuant to these Terms, DCL shall grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free licence to use the dentistry.co.uk trade mark solely for the purposes of providing an underlined, textual link from your web site to the Site. No other use of the dentistry.co.uk trade marks or name is permitted without the express prior written permission of the business.
3. The potential linking to an internal or subsidiary page of the Site located one or several levels down from the home page (“Deep Linking”) or the bringing up of or presenting Content within another web site (“Framing”) is not permitted without our prior written permission. You must seek and obtain the prior written permission of DCL before Deep Linking or Framing the Site or any Content by contacting DCL providing:
1. your name, e-mail address and telephone number;
2. the name of your company;
3. the web address(es) where the proposed Deep Linking or Framing will occur;
4. specific details about the contemplated Deep Linking or Framing.
7. Links to External Sites
1. The Site may contain links to other web sites provided by Sponsors or other independent third parties (“External Sites”), either directly or by framing. DCL shall endeavour to highlight such links. DCL shall not be responsible for the availability or content of External Sites and will not be a party to, or responsible in any way for, any arrangements regarding goods or services available from such External Sites.
2. The Site may be used to purchase products or services from DCL’s third party partners or Sponsors. Any such contracts will be exclusively between you and the relevant third party or Sponsor and DCL shall not be responsible in any way for any costs, claims, damages and liability arising in relation thereto, even if the contract in question was entered into through the Site.
DCL may give the option to subscribe to its e-mail news service through the Site. Your use of that service and any Content shall be subject to these Terms.
9. Third Party Content
The Site may, from time to time, contain contributions from independent third parties as well as advertising and sponsorship. Each such third party, advertiser and/or Sponsor shall be responsible for all aspects of the material they submit and DCL shall accept no responsibility for any errors or inaccuracies in any such material.
10. Competitions and Prizes
From time to time, DCL may run competitions, prize draws and promotions on the Site. These shall be subject to additional terms and conditions applicable in each individual instance and which shall be made available at the time of such competitions.
DCL shall have the right at any time, in its sole discretion, to make modifications, additions or deletions to the Site, the Content, the Interactive Areas and these Terms. Any changes to these Terms will be notified to you by e-mail or by publishing the revised Terms on the Site. By continuing to access the Site following a change to the Terms, you agree to be bound by any changes thereto.
12. Representations, Warranties and Indemnities
1. You represent, warrant and undertake that:
1. you have the capacity to enter into this agreement;
2. you are at least eighteen (18) years of age;
3. you will not infringe the copyright or any other intellectual property rights of DCL;
4. you will comply fully with the Terms;
5. you will not copy, reproduce, recompile, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, upload, download, transmit, create derivative works from or otherwise exploit the Site or any software which is proprietary to DCL or any of its third party partners.
2. You hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless DCL and keep DCL fully and effectively indemnified on demand against all costs, claims, damages, liability and expenses (including any professional fees) which DCL might suffer by reason of a breach by you of the Terms and in particular any of the above representations. For the avoidance of doubt, this indemnity shall extend to any losses which DCL may suffer as a result of the use by third parties of your password and User ID except in circumstances where you can demonstrate to DCL’s satisfaction that such third party obtained the relevant details through no fault of your own.
13. Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
1. The Content on the Site is provided by DCL for your general information only, is provided on an “as is” basis and is not intended to address your particular requirements. In particular, the Content does not constitute and form of advice or recommendation and should not be relied on in making (or refraining from making) any specific personal or business decision. You and your clients should seek independent advice before making any such decisions. All arrangements made between you and any third party named on the Site are at your sole risk and responsibility.
2. DCL makes no warranties or representations, whether express or implied, in relation to the Site, including but not limited to implied warranties or conditions of completeness, accuracy, satisfactory quality and fitness for a particular purpose.
3. DCL also makes no warranty that the Site will meet your requirements or that your use of the Site will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free.
4. DCL obtains the Content from a number of sources and disseminates the same over the Internet (or other interactive electronic platform). As a result, DCL is not able to and gives no warranties in respect of the Site, software and / or the Content. The Site is provided on an “as is” basis and, to the extent permitted by law, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for purpose and any warranties relating to accuracy, completeness, standard of workmanship and level of care and attention are expressly excluded.
5. To the extent permitted by law, you agree that DCL shall not be liable for any consequential or incidental damages (including but not limited to any financial loss and loss of business or profits) or for failure to meet any duties even if DCL or its representatives have been advised of the possibility of such damages arising.
15. Term and Termination
1. Use of and access to the Site is not subject to any particular time limits. Without prejudice to the accrued rights of any party, these Terms may be terminated at any time by either party without cause. You may terminate these Terms by simply discontinuing your use of the Site. DCL may terminate these Terms and your use of the Site at any time by electronic notice. These Terms shall terminate automatically without notice from DCL in DCL’s sole discretion, in the event you commit a breach of any provision of these Terms.
2. Notwithstanding the provisions of this paragraph, paragraphs 12, 13 and 24 of these Terms shall survive a termination of the Terms and shall remain in full force and effect thereafter.
DCL reserves the right to modify, delete or change any aspect of the Content, the Premium Content, the Interactive Areas, the Site and / or any of the technical specifications of any aspect of the same. You agree and acknowledge that such changes may result in you being unable to access the whole or any part of the Site.
17. Force Majeure
DCL shall have no liability for an event of Force Majeure, that is an event or set of circumstances that is or are outside the reasonable control of DCL.
The paragraph headings in these Terms are used solely for the sake of convenience and shall not have any legal or contractual significance.
19. Entire Agreement
These Terms, as amended from time to time, and any other terms of business on the Site shall constitute the entire agreement between you and DCL in relation to your use of and access to the Site.
20. Access outside of the UK
DCL does not represent that the Content shall be appropriate or available for use outside of the United Kingdom. If you access the Site from outside of the United Kingdom, it is your responsibility to ensure compliance with any foreign and local laws and requirements.
If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, then the remaining provisions of the Terms and of the paragraph in question shall remain in full force and effect.
Any notice which DCL or you are required to give pursuant to these Terms shall be made by e-mail or first-class post, in the case of you, to the address provided on your registration form and, in the case of us, to the address posted on the Site.
No delay or omission on the part of DCL in exercising any right, power or remedy under these Terms shall impair or detract from such right, power or remedy or operate as a waiver thereof.
24. Governing Law
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. By accessing the Site, you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
The Site will comply with the relevant English Data Protection laws, so normally any personal details to be provided to us will not be disclosed to third parties outside DCL without the User’s consent. (please see paragraph 4 of the Terms, Data Protection).
Users should be aware and accept that, if DCL is requested by authorised third parties or regulatory or governmental agencies investigating illegal activities to provide information concerning Users activities whilst using the Site, the business shall do so.
Similarly, DCL will disclose Users’ personal data if DCL is compelled to do so by law. DCL reserves the right to notify or provide such information to the relevant authority if, in our sole opinion, DCL believe an emergency, illegal activity or some other reasonable basis exists for us doing so.
DCL reserves the right to store and use Users’ personal data solely for its own internal purposes and business further reserve the right to access, monitor and retrieve password-protected information in order to fulfil our obligations in these terms and conditions.
Uses of Registration Information
Registration information we receive from Users is used by DCL as follows:
1. to allow us to ensure your continued access to the Site;
2. to allow us to develop the site in ways that you will find relevant and interesting;
3. to let us tell you about new material we have produced that is of relevant and interest to you;
4. to provide our Sponsors with aggregate information about our User base and usage patterns.
When you register, you can choose not to be contacted by us in this way. Any of our Users can also contact us at any time to ask to be removed from our User list. If you wish to remove your details, you should contact us.
On registration, you will be provided with an opportunity to opt-out of receiving information from DCL and our partners and Sponsors.
DCL operates secure data networks protected by industry standard security systems.
DENTAL COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED